We believe everyone plays a role in educating the next generation.
Through advocacy, professional development, accreditation and innovation, Michigan Association of Non-public Schools (MANS) ensures high-quality educational choice for Michigan’s parents.
Our Core Services
MANS is the public policy voice for non-public schools in the state of Michigan.
MANS pursues every opportunity to advance equity for faith-based schools and the network of non-public schools in Michigan.
Providing nationally recognized school accrediting services since 1984.
Through the Michigan Non-public School Accrediting Association (MNSAA) we provide a rigorous process of school accreditation that emphasizes school improvement within the framework of a faith-based educational setting.
Connecting MANS members to valuable resources.
MANS works to identify and respond to member needs by seeking efficiencies and services that benefit operations at the constituency and school levels.
Thank you to our Business Partners!
Recent News & Alerts
- Registration is open for the 2019 MANS Administrators' Conference! Join us at the Grand Traverse Resort to learn school improvement strategies and how to promote learning across your entire school spectrum.
Registration and additional information can be found on our ...
- Dr. Andra Zommers, principal of St. Augustine Cathedral School and MNSAA Regional Coordinator from the Diocese of Kalamazoo was selected to participate on the NCEA National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Schools Council (NNC). As a member of the ...
- Michigan Office of Educator Excellence Educator Workforce Job Fairs are coming! Whether you're hiring new staff or you're looking for a job - we can help you get connected: 5/10: Lansing | 6/12: Marquette | 8/5: Livonia http://ow.ly/Q9hn50qjoW2 #miched @massp @memspa @masaleads @MAISA_ISDs @MASB @MiNonpub ...
- Our Executive Director, Brian Broderick, testified at the House K-12 Appropriations Subcommittee meeting today. He asked the committee to fund mandate reimbursements and to include non-public schools in the FIRST Robotics grant and the hydration station funding.
A substantial push ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Don't miss out on this opportunity for discounted professional development! The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is offering three NWEA trainings in May at a discounted rate. Click the link below to learn more about each training and to register!
- Meemic We had three member schools receive the Meemic PopIn2Win grant this month! Congratulations to NorthPointe Christian Schools, St. Joseph Catholic School and Peace Lutheran Church and School Shelby on receiving littleBits kits for your classroom.
Make sure to check in ...
- Grants awarded to school districts to enhance security Last week the Michigan State Police awarded $25 million in school safety grants. There were 66 non-public schools that received grants, 49 of which are MANS members totaling $2,148,992.00. Congratulations to all our member schools who received funding!
Grants totaling ...
- St. Mary's Visitation Catholic School What an impactful Public Policy Day it was today!! Thank you to all who joined us and shared the importance of non-public schools with the legislature.
Mrs. Schlosser is with other administrators from non-public schools in the State of Michigan ...
- Today member administrators are gathered in Lansing for the MANS Public Policy Day. In the morning they will be meeting with their legislators advocating for non-public schools. This afternoon they will hear the latest information on educational policy issues impacting ...
- PopIn2Win with Meemic New month, new chance to win for your classroom. Take advantage of this opportunity to win a STEAM Kit for your classroom from littleBits. All you have to do it "Pop In"!
Congratulations to St Mary's School in Sault Ste. ...
- “A” Is for Authentic: Teaching and Learning in the Real World - VAEI "With a little planning and creativity, you can turn your lessons into real-world learning experiences that every child in the room will be talking about."
Have you noticed how small children love to pretend they are grown-ups? They bake in ...
- Detroit high school celebrates 100 percent college acceptance Congratulations to the Detroit Cristo Rey High School class of 2019!
At Detroit Cristo Rey High School, seniors are being honored in a big way for continuing the tradition for eight straight years.
- MANS 2019 Public Policy Day Don't forget to register for MANS Public Policy Day! Here are some reasons why it is important you attend:
- The 2018 election saw a 36% changeover in the legislature. There are 53 new members of the legislature that need ...
- MANS 2019 Public Policy Day Have you registered for Public Policy Day yet?
There is still time to register for a day of networking with your colleagues from across the state, interact with policymakers in Lansing, and get the latest information on educational policy issues ...
- Michigan Virtual Michigan Virtual is hosting a webinar tomorrow morning on designing an effective online summer learning program! Make sure you take advantage of this opportunity. It's never too early to start thinking about summer!
📺 WEBINAR: Please join us on February ...
- St. John Lutheran Church & School Congratulations St. John Lutheran Future City Team on your wonderful accomplishments at Nationals this week!
FUTURE CITY ADDITIONAL NEWS:
Congratulations to the St. John Future City team on winning two of the top three awards at Nationals! The team earned ...
- The Beauty of Botany - Detroit and Ann Arbor Metro Parent Carolyn Tuski, botany teacher and greenhouse manager at Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, discusses the school's new botany program and the impact it has had on students.
Students at every level have the opportunity to learn about plants, ...
- Let's dig for Chrome together! Tomorrow, John Sowash is offering a FREE webinar on Chromebooks! During this free webinar, you will learn:
1. Tips for managing your tabs, bookmarks, and extensions.
2. Built-in accessibility features for students with special needs.
3. John's favorite Chrome apps ...
- Project Based Professional Learning Interested in learning more about Project Based Learning? Take a look at this professional learning opportunity offered by the Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL).
Did you know that project-based learning... ENGAGES students in work that allows them ...