We believe everyone plays a role in educating the next generation.
Through advocacy, professional development, accreditation and innovation, Michigan Association of Non-public Schools (MANS) ensures high-quality educational choice for Michigan’s parents.
Our Core Services
MANS is the public policy voice for non-public schools in the state of Michigan.
MANS pursues every opportunity to advance equity for faith-based schools and the network of non-public schools in Michigan.
Providing nationally recognized school accrediting services since 1984.
Through the Michigan Non-public School Accrediting Association (MNSAA) we provide a rigorous process of school accreditation that emphasizes school improvement within the framework of a faith-based educational setting.
Connecting MANS members to valuable resources.
MANS works to identify and respond to member needs by seeking efficiencies and services that benefit operations at the constituency and school levels.
Thank you to our Business Partners!
Recent News & Alerts
- Michigan Lutheran Schools #FlashbackFriday to the 1972 MANS Conference.
Travis is purging old files today and came across this gem... first MANS Conference from 1972. Reading all the sectional descriptions was fun. #111 was a favorite reminding us that some things never change. ...
- Gather with more than 200 non-public school leaders, and spend two days with Learning Forward to explore strategies for building communities of learners in a cycle of continuous improvement, giving precise feedback, and distributing leadership. Learn more about how you ...
- Anti-Catholic ‘Blaine Amendments’ Harm Children Now, in the 21st Century | National Review "The Supreme Court should strike down these bigoted laws, which hinder parents’ ability to choose the best education for their kids."
The Supreme Court should strike down these bigoted laws, which hinder parents’ ability to choose the best education for ...
- Van Andel Education Institute The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is offering Michigan non-public schools the opportunity to attend Van Andel Education Institute's two-day training at 75% off the cost! Check the most recent MANS Newsletter or visit www.miequitableservice.com/events for the discount code only available ...
- MANS 2019 School Law Seminar Presenters Announced! MANS 2019 School Law Seminar Presenters Announced!
- Science on the Grand - Van Andel Education Institute Did you know that the Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is offering a scholarship to non-public schools for 75% off the registration fee of the Van Andel Education Institute Science on the Grand? This two-day STEAM conference for inquiry-based instruction will ...
- 's cover photo Register for the MANS School Law Seminar! This half-day session will provide a legal overview on important topics impacting non-public schools.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools updated their cover photo.
- Celebrating our member Administrative Professionals today! Thank you for all you do for faith-based schools!
We are especially thankful for Shelley Long, our Administrative Assistant! Thank you, Shelley, for all that you do for member schools. #AdministrativeProfessionalDay
- Catholic Schools - Diocese of Grand Rapids Congratulations to Bishop Walkowiak from the Diocese of Grand Rapids on receiving the Monsignor John F. Meyers Award from the National Catholic Educational Association (Official). Thank you, Bishop Walkowiak, for your dedication to Catholic education.
Students and faculty from Catholic ...
- Registration is open for the 2019 MANS Administrators' Conference! Join us at the Grand Traverse Resort to learn school improvement strategies and how to promote learning across your entire school spectrum.
Registration and additional information can be found on our ...
- Dr. Andra Zommers, principal of St. Augustine Cathedral School and MNSAA Regional Coordinator from the Diocese of Kalamazoo was selected to participate on the NCEA National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Schools Council (NNC). As a member of the ...
- Michigan Office of Educator Excellence Educator Workforce Job Fairs are coming! Whether you're hiring new staff or you're looking for a job - we can help you get connected: 5/10: Lansing | 6/12: Marquette | 8/5: Livonia http://ow.ly/Q9hn50qjoW2 #miched @massp @memspa @masaleads @MAISA_ISDs @MASB @MiNonpub ...
- Our Executive Director, Brian Broderick, testified at the House K-12 Appropriations Subcommittee meeting today. He asked the committee to fund mandate reimbursements and to include non-public schools in the FIRST Robotics grant and the hydration station funding.
A substantial push ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Don't miss out on this opportunity for discounted professional development! The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is offering three NWEA trainings in May at a discounted rate. Click the link below to learn more about each training and to register!
- Meemic We had three member schools receive the Meemic PopIn2Win grant this month! Congratulations to NorthPointe Christian Schools, St. Joseph Catholic School and Peace Lutheran Church and School Shelby on receiving littleBits kits for your classroom.
Make sure to check in ...
- Grants awarded to school districts to enhance security Last week the Michigan State Police awarded $25 million in school safety grants. There were 66 non-public schools that received grants, 49 of which are MANS members totaling $2,148,992.00. Congratulations to all our member schools who received funding!
Grants totaling ...