We believe everyone plays a role in educating the next generation.
Through advocacy, professional development, accreditation and innovation, Michigan Association of Non-public Schools (MANS) ensures high-quality educational choice for Michigan’s parents.
Our Core Services
MANS is the public policy voice for non-public schools in the state of Michigan.
MANS pursues every opportunity to advance equity for faith-based schools and the network of non-public schools in Michigan.
Providing nationally recognized school accrediting services since 1984.
Through the Michigan Non-public School Accrediting Association (MNSAA) we provide a rigorous process of school accreditation that emphasizes school improvement within the framework of a faith-based educational setting.
Connecting MANS members to valuable resources.
MANS works to identify and respond to member needs by seeking efficiencies and services that benefit operations at the constituency and school levels.
Thank you to our Business Partners!
Recent News & Alerts
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Join the Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative at the Catapult Learning Professional Learning Institute next week for direct support in curriculum, instruction, and leadership.
Jackee Brigman Bell will be the educational consultant present at the Catapult Learning Professional Learning Institute next ...
- Private School Decline May Be Overstated "Whatever the state's true rate of private school decline, the loss should motivate action to restore and expand students' access to a wider variety of effective education options."
Families need more, not fewer, education options
- Van Andel Education Institute The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is offering Michigan non-public schools the opportunity to attend Van Andel Education Institute's two-day training at 75% off the cost! Visit www.miequitableservice.com/events for the discount code only available to non-public schools.
Learn how to support ...
- Creating Pathways Toward School Success is designed to meet the professional development needs of one of your school's most important ambassadors - your administrative assistant or secretary. It provides workshops on critical topics led by leaders in the field and ...
- 2019 MANS Member Insights Survey MANS is YOUR membership organization. Help us better meet your needs by sharing your thoughts in our Member Insight Survey. The questions will take about 10 minutes and the results will be used to inform our upcoming strategic planning work. ...
- Remember that participants in school committees may earn up to 25 SCECHs. Submit your SCECH verification forms, attendance sheets, meeting agendas/notes, and payments within 30 days of the last committee meeting, or no later than June 30, 2019.
Contact Shelley ...
- 2019 Administrators' Conference | MANS Gather with more than 200 non-public school leaders, and spend two days with Learning Forward to explore strategies for building communities of learners in a cycle of continuous improvement, giving precise feedback, and distributing leadership.
What others are saying "I ...
- MANS 2019 School Law Seminar Registration Closes Soon! MANS 2019 School Law Seminar Registration Closes Soon!
- NSBECS Program Effectiveness Surveys: A Tool for Strategic Planning and School Improvement MANS Board Member David Faber recently published an article in the Journal of Catholic Education. Click below to read about how implementing NSBECS Program Effectiveness Surveys has strengthened diocesan schools. Congratulations!
No abstract provided.
- National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools: An Effective Tool for... MANS Board Member Margaret Erich and our very own Angelia Salas recently published an article in the Journal of Catholic Education. Click below to read about the process and results of transitioning to the NSBECS for MNSAA. Congratulations!
No abstract ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Want to build a stronger professional learning community within your school? Check out this opportunity being offered through the Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative.
The MESC is offering professional learning through Catapult Learning to all Michigan non-public schools. Take a look ...
- Michigan Virtual Check out this online summer learning opportunity for students!
👾 Great news — our Minecraft Online Summer Camp is *officially* open for enrollment! If you have a student who loves gaming and would benefit from having some educational activities this ...
- Have an administrative assistant in your school's office that deserves to be recognized for their dedication to faith-based education? You have until June 28th to nominate them for the Faith-Based Office Professional Award! Nominate them here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FBA19. Winners will be ...
- Michigan education chief Rice ready to steer schools through 'existential moment' School reform measures, such as Michigan's third-grade retention law and A-F rating system, are among issues Rice says he is ready to work on.
School reform measures, such as Michigan's third-grade retention law and A-F rating system, are among issues ...
- PopIn2Win with Meemic New month, new chance to win for your classroom. Take advantage of this opportunity to win adjustable furniture for your classroom from Varidesk. All you have to do is "Pop In"!
Congratulations to St. Mary School in Charlevoix, Shrine Catholic ...
- Job Postings | MANS Considering a meaningful career in faith-based education? Many of our member schools are hiring for this upcoming school year. Take a look at our job board here: https://m-a-n-s.org/resource/job-postings/ #MANSFaithFilledTeachers
Resources General Resources Job Postings Employment Opportunities at MANS member schools ...
- Join Us for a Full-Day Professional Development Institute! The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is offering discounted professional learning through Catapult Learning to all Michigan non-public schools. Take a look at this opportunity to build leadership and instructional capacity that impacts student achievement in your school! Learn more here: ...
- 200 private schools have closed in Michigan in the last decade 200 private schools have closed in Michigan in the last decade. https://www.freep.com/story/news/education/2019/05/28/michigan-private-schools-closing-catholic/3757380002/
More than 200 private schools have closed in Michigan in past decade.
- MANS Administrators' Conference: Building Leadership for Learning Learn more about the 2019 MANS Administrators' Conference: Building Leadership for Learning. https://conta.cc/2HZ1PJC
- Michigan Lutheran Schools #FlashbackFriday to the 1972 MANS Conference.
Travis is purging old files today and came across this gem... first MANS Conference from 1972. Reading all the sectional descriptions was fun. #111 was a favorite reminding us that some things never change. ...
- Gather with more than 200 non-public school leaders, and spend two days with Learning Forward to explore strategies for building communities of learners in a cycle of continuous improvement, giving precise feedback, and distributing leadership. Learn more about how you ...