For more than 45 years MANS has advocated for and empowered stakeholders of Michigan’s non-public schools.
In recent years MANS’ advocacy efforts have intensified on a variety of issues, particularly shared time opportunities and with our recent effort to obtain an appropriation to reimburse nonpublic schools for complying with state health and safety mandates. These issues will persist into the immediate future and other areas will be coming to the forefront, particularly on the federal level with a proposed education tax credit, ESSA implementation and protection of Title IIA funds.
For more information contact email@example.com.
- 2016-17 and 2017-18 successfully advocated for a $2.5 million reimbursement for state required health and safety mandates (currently under litigation)
- 2016-17 protect Shared Time program from a 50% cut and a $55 million cut in 2017-18.
- Non-public Schools included as eligible recipients in the FIRST Robotics program.
- Changed dual enrollment eligibility criteria to streamline process for nonpublic school students. Currently a $2 million program for nonpublic students.
- Successfully advocated that nonpublic schools be eligible recipients for Michigan State Police Safety grants.
- Successfully advocated for nonpublic schools be eligible for water testing reimbursement in response to the Flint water crisis.