We believe everyone plays a role in educating the next generation.
Through advocacy, professional development, accreditation and innovation, Michigan Association of Non-public Schools (MANS) ensures high-quality educational choice for Michigan’s parents.
Our Core Services
MANS is the public policy voice for non-public schools in the state of Michigan.
MANS pursues every opportunity to advance equity for faith-based schools and the network of non-public schools in Michigan.
Providing nationally recognized school accrediting services since 1984.
Through the Michigan Non-public School Accrediting Association (MNSAA) we provide a rigorous process of school accreditation that emphasizes school improvement within the framework of a faith-based educational setting.
Connecting MANS members to valuable resources.
MANS works to identify and respond to member needs by seeking efficiencies and services that benefit operations at the constituency and school levels.
Thank you to our Business Partners!
Recent News & Alerts
- Cool Cat Teacher Patti Duncan shares some of the common mistakes she finds that schools implementing Next Generation Science Standards make. If you’re implementing NGSS in your school or state, this is a must listen. Legends of Learning has amazing game based science ...
- Office of Education Improvement & Innovation EDUCATORS WANTED!! Don’t forget to register for Session 5 of the Teacher Webinar Series tomorrow (Thursday, March 15th) at 4:00 PM on the formative assessment step of the evaluation cycle. This 60-minute webinar has been developed in collaboration with the ...
- Encouraging Student Voice with Project Based LearningASCD Inservice Student Voice is something many people talk about in education right now, but it can be hard to find out how to actually give students a voice in their education. It is something I used to struggle with as an ...
- Meemic Make Art for Meemic Masterpieces!
Hey, Michigan Youth Arts, IAEA - Illinois Art Education Association and Wisconsin Art Education Association: There’s still time to have your students pull out their pencils, paints or whatever to create the next Meemic Masterpiece. ...
- Photos from Michigan Association of Non-public Schools's post The 2018 Public Policy Day is underway. Thank you to all the administrators in attendance today!
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools added 5 new photos.
- The Six Must-Have Elements Of High Quality Project-Based Learning Project-based learning advocates are concerned that as the practice becomes more popular many people don't know what high quality learning experiences look like. They're trying to fix that.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared a link.
- Michigan Association of Non-public Schools's cover photo Michigan Association of Non-public Schools updated their cover photo.
- Living Stones Academy Living Stones Academy was a recipient of the MANS Social Justice Grant. Check out the video they put together of students going into the neighborhood to help rake their neighbor's leaves this past fall.
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Mark ...
- Timeline Photos Did you know that Schoolbelles provides a discount to all MANS Members? Each month Schoolbelles has a new item that is discounted for all members. During the month of February make sure you get your school customed Half Zip Pullover.
- Council for American Private Education (CAPE) The federal tax code now allows annual withdrawals of up to $10,000 from 529 accounts to cover tuition in elementary and secondary schools. How does that change intersect with state tax codes? Read more in the February Outlook:
- Three Key Ways That Christian Schools Influence Students Christian high schools in North America help students remain faithful as young adults, new research confirms. Using Cardus Education Survey data, University of Notre Dame analysts say that attending a Protestant Evangelical school has a measurable effect on graduates that ...
- Detroit archdiocese leading survey on Catholic schools The region's Catholic schools will use the results to develop long-range strategic plans.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared a link.
- Community invited to celebrate Catholic Schools Week Happy National Catholic Schools Week! See what the Diocese of Grand Rapids is doing to celebrate this week. #NCSW18
Catholic Schools Week starts next week, and it's mission is to celebrate how a Catholic education can provide lifelong benefits not ...
- Timeline Photos We have a new website! Visit m-a-n-s.org and see the improvements to our website!
There you will find our upcoming events and registration, our core values with convenient links to learn more, a new member portal with valuable resources and ...
- Michigan Catholic Conference We were pleased to co-sponsor and participate in #SchoolChoiceWeek at the State Capitol in Lansing today with Michigan Association of Non-public Schools, The Mackinac Center for Public Policy, Great Lakes Education Project, Michigan's Charter Schools, Urban Leadership Foundation, Michigan Council ...
- How We Can Foster Fun and Playfulness in Class There are some wonderful technology tools in this article that can help engage students. Are you currently using any in your classroom?
Curtis Chandler shares 10 questions he asks himself to make sure he's creating an atmosphere of challenge and ...
- Birth of a Lutheran School - Michigan In Touch Online "Just as our congregation answered God’s call to begin a Christ-centered preschool in 1985, we continue to answer Jesus’ call to “go and make disciples….” The mission is the same".
What a great article about the persistence of faith in ...
- Saint Thomas students’ video chat builds intercultural connections with peers in China | Diocese of... January 10, 2018A live video chat with children in China has helped Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic School students build intercultural connections. Sixth graders in the Saint Thomas enrichment program spoke with students from Guyuan No. 2 School in Ningxia ...
- Council for American Private Education (CAPE) New tax law affects private schools. Find out how in the January Outlook:
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared Council for American Private Education (CAPE)'s post.
- U.S. Department of Education Apply to be a part of the U.S. Department of Education School Ambassador Fellowship Program! The fellowship works with the U.S. Department of Education on development and implementation of national education policy. Last year was the first year a member ...