We believe everyone plays a role in educating the next generation.
Through advocacy, professional development, accreditation and innovation, Michigan Association of Non-public Schools (MANS) ensures high-quality educational choice for Michigan’s parents.
Our Core Services
MANS is the public policy voice for non-public schools in the state of Michigan.
MANS pursues every opportunity to advance equity for faith-based schools and the network of non-public schools in Michigan.
Providing nationally recognized school accrediting services since 1984.
Through the Michigan Non-public School Accrediting Association (MNSAA) we provide a rigorous process of school accreditation that emphasizes school improvement within the framework of a faith-based educational setting.
Connecting MANS members to valuable resources.
MANS works to identify and respond to member needs by seeking efficiencies and services that benefit operations at the constituency and school levels.
Thank you to our Business Partners!
Recent News & Alerts
- St. John Lutheran Church & School Congratulations St. John Lutheran Future City Team on your wonderful accomplishments at Nationals this week!
FUTURE CITY ADDITIONAL NEWS:
Congratulations to the St. John Future City team on winning two of the top three awards at Nationals! The team earned ...
- The Beauty of Botany - Detroit and Ann Arbor Metro Parent Carolyn Tuski, botany teacher and greenhouse manager at Notre Dame Preparatory School and Marist Academy, discusses the school's new botany program and the impact it has had on students.
Students at every level have the opportunity to learn about plants, ...
- Let's dig for Chrome together! Tomorrow, John Sowash is offering a FREE webinar on Chromebooks! During this free webinar, you will learn:
1. Tips for managing your tabs, bookmarks, and extensions.
2. Built-in accessibility features for students with special needs.
3. John's favorite Chrome apps ...
- Project Based Professional Learning Interested in learning more about Project Based Learning? Take a look at this professional learning opportunity offered by the Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL).
Did you know that project-based learning... ENGAGES students in work that allows them ...
- PopIn2Win a Classroom Chromebook! PopIn2Win: The Meemic Foundation’s monthly opportunity to quickly “click-in” to be considered for a valuable resource or tool that will enhance your school or classroom learning for your students.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared a link.
- Michigan Catholic schools find formula to boost enrollment "Bishop Walkowiak 'really believes that Catholic schools are the single most effective means the Church has created for evangelization,' he said. 'He wanted every child to have the opportunity for a Catholic education. The same opportunity that he had.'”
- Spring 2019 - Michigan Virtual Due to recent weather conditions and school closures around the state, Michigan Virtual is extending their enrollment deadline for the second semester online courses to Monday, February 18. If you're struggling to find appropriate courses for some of your students ...
- Holy Name plans to add high school | News, Sports, Jobs - Daily Press Exciting news coming from the Diocese of Marquette!
ESCANABA — Holy Name Catholic School is planning to re-open its high school, school officials stated during a press conference Tuesday morning. The launch of
- Whitmer to address education in first State of the State She told a group of former educators recently they'd be hearing a lot on the subject Feb. 5.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared a link.
- Today we celebrated #NationalSchoolChoiceWeek at the Michigan Capitol! Students from West Catholic High School were present to showcase their ESports team. Also, Sydney Gehle from Lansing Catholic High school spoke about the importance a school being a good fit for ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative The first day of the VAEI sustained training has begun!
Today we kicked off our first Van Andel Education Institute sustained training, Learning Science by Doing Science for Kindergarten through 5th-grade teachers. During this four-course workshop, teachers will learn how ...
- Holy Spirit 8th graders form friendships with Steepletown preschoolers | Diocese of Grand Rapids Catholic... This week is National School Choice Week and to celebrate MANS would like to share what makes our member schools unique.
Here is a great example of service and friendship from the Catholic Schools - Diocese of Grand Rapids!
- Opinion: Michigan parents need school options "National School Choice Week provides an excellent time to celebrate those stories, and work to create more of them by extending the benefits of school choice—and parental empowerment—to every family in Michigan, and across the country."
"Empowering parents and educators, ...
- Council for American Private Education (CAPE) NY State issues guidelines rejected by private schools, ACT scores, and more! The January CAPE Outlook is online now.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared Council for American Private Education (CAPE)'s post.
- Carol Williams Honored For Her Service to the District Upon Her Retirement - Michigan District,... Congratulations to Carol William, Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent of Schools for the Michigan District Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, on her retirement. The MANS staff has had the privilege to work with Carol during her time at the Michigan District, ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Applications for the MESC Professional Development Grant are due this week! Don't miss the opportunity available to non-public schools!
The deadline is fast approaching for the MESC Professional Development Grants! Is there a specific type of professional development you want ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Register for the VAEI Sustained Training soon!
Have you heard? If you register for the Van Andel Education Institute Sustained Training before December 20, 2018, you will be entered into a raffle to receive one of two sets of student ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative Take a look at the upcoming MESC events! These opportunities are offered to non-public schools at more than 75% off the regular price. Take advantage of these exceptional professional learning opportunities.
Michigan Association of Non-public Schools shared Michigan Equitable Service ...
- Photos from Michigan Association of Non-public Schools's post Today the MANS staff walked down to the Capitol to see a few member schools showcase their work with technology at the 2018 Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL) Student Technology Showcase at the Capitol.
Students from St. ...
- Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative There is still time to register for the VAEI sustained training program! The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative has partnered with the Van Andel Education Institute to provide professional development to non-public school science teachers. Learn strategic ways to implement inquiry-based ...