This event has passed
Van Andel Education Institute – Sustained Training
January 22, 2019
January 25, 2019
The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is excited to partner with the Van Andel Education Institute to offer a sustained professional development event for science teachers in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
This two-year training will offer teachers:
- An interactive opportunity to experience an investigation that models inquiry-based science.
- Strategies for successfully incorporating a process of scientific inquiry as well as a classroom culture of thinking and collaboration.
- Access to VAEI lessons aligned to standards and ready for implementation and customization.
- Easy-to-implement strategies that support the processes of scientific inquiry and engineering design, scientific habits of mind, and a rich, collaborative learning environment.
- Development of a portfolio to support inquiry-based science learning.
- Support in implementation throughout the year with individualizes action plans and frequent feedback loops.
The first year of training is valued at over $1,000.00 and is offered to Michigan non-public schools for only $100. All workshops will be held in Lansing, Michigan and will include lunch.
Click here to learn more about Van Andel Education Institute Sustained Training.
Click here to learn more about the year one workshops.
Register for year-one of the Van Andel Education Institute – Sustained Training!
Register for the Kindergarten through 2nd-grade training: click here
Register for the 3rd – 5th-grade training: click here
Register for the 6th – 8th-grade training: click here
Register for the 9th – 12th-grade training: click here